Researchers claim that the brain doesn’t always want to understand what the eyes see. For the brain, it’s easier to imagine something common instead of a weird object or phenomenon. For example, instead of a tree branch, we may see a monster’s paw, and regular shadows can turn into scary faces.
Bright Side assumes that the authors of these 21 pictures still can’t understand what they’ve captured, so let’s figure it out together.
21. Is it an arm or a leg?
20. Snuggling approved
© hankledankle / imgur
19. A disappearing dog
© serbir / pikabu
18. It’s not recommended to walk these stairs at night.
© Cyreniac / reddit
17. A truck that carries a car is towing a truck that carries a car.
© unknown / reddit
16. The rain-drying pattern on this wall reveals the location of the stairs inside the building.
© crayfl / reddit
15. When something goes wrong but you don’t want to admit it:
© Prostoilogin / pikabu
14. This bin has bad character.
© Ruti / pikabu
13. There’s something we don’t know about Mario…
© rebexca16ansell / reddit
12. These reflections on the floor look like racing cars.
© cnuguk / pikabu
11. All motorcyclists should have a long-legged girlfriend.
© dopreS0891 / pikabu
10. In its past life, this tortoise was a bearded man in India.
© BURGLARMAN / pikabu
9. Long-term parking
© swiftestcat / reddit
8. “I thought the chair was broken.”
© thegoatiedoodie / reddit
7. This pumpkin looks like a watermelon shaped like an apple.
© WhovianSushi / reddit
6. The inside of this apple is red.
© HonestJohnTheFox / reddit
5. These blankets look like packages of meat.
© shiningPate / reddit
4. When patience is your best friend:
© CosmicKeys / reddit
3. This drawer is fading away.
© Dr_Dewey / reddit
2. This picture looks like 4 photos stitched together.
© PyjamaRamas / reddit
1. This door looks really tired.
© crazycockerels / reddit
Have you ever faced anything that made you ask yourself, “What’s going on?” Do you have a photo? Let’s try to find the answer together!